Ice Heist Review
Ice Heist is a five-reel, three-row pokie with 30 paylines. It features an adjustable RTP of 94.92% and medium volatility. See what makes this pokie sparkle with this Ice Heist review.
What you’ll find in this Ice Heist review
We aim to provide players with a luxurious experience at online casinos in NZ when talking about online pokies. Here’s how we created this Ice Heist review:
- Symbols – We analysed the symbols and their payouts.
- Bets – We checked the minimum/maximum bet and if the game has autoplay.
- RTP – We compared the return to player to the average in New Zealand.
- Volatility – We verified if wins are rare and valuable or common and low-value.
- Maximum win – We tested the game’s highest prize.
- Wilds and features – We evaluated how wilds and other symbols work.
- Bonus rounds – We analysed the game’s bonuses, such as free spins.
- Immersion – We evaluated the graphical experience and the soundtrack.
Ice Heist symbols & payouts
Get your safe-cracking tools ready! Let’s start our Ice Heist review by examining the symbols, paylines, bets, and prizes.
The game’s symbols are pretty…cool. You’ll find a jeweller, a police officer, a male thief, and a female thief. The low-paying includes are based on playing cards – 10, J, Q, K, and A.
The game has 30 paylines. Winning combinations must contain at least two symbols and start from the leftmost reel.
Min/max bet, autoplay option
This pokie accepts bets from $0.30 to $300. There’s an autoplay feature that lets you choose between 10 and 50 spins and set various limits.
Ice Heist RTP
This game has an RTP rate of 94.92%. This percentage is under the market average for online pokies in New Zealand.
You can expect medium volatility on this pokie. Winnings are frequent and relatively valuable.
Jackpot and/or maximum win
The maximum win is 1,000x your bet. It can be achieved by filling the reels with female thief symbols.
|A decent game, but the RTP could be better
|The pokie’s payouts and paylines are pretty average, but in a good way. However, the RTP percentage disappointed us.
Ice Heist slot special features
Feature-wise, this game isn’t exactly a rare gem. Still, it provides players with a fun experience.
Ice Heist has two main features – wilds and free spins. However, the free spins round has a trick up its sleeve, as you’ll see below:
Wilds are depicted as gold bars and substitute all symbols except scatters. Wilds can land on any reel except the first.
You can activate free spins by landing three safe scatters. The free spins round starts with 15 free spins and can be retriggered a maximum of 15 times, provided you land additional scatters.
During free spins, a special wild appears on the fifth reel – the diamond. These symbols are collected on a special meter, transforming high-paying symbols into wilds on every third diamond landed:
- Three diamonds – Turns female thief symbols into wilds
- Six diamonds – Turns male thief symbols into wilds
- Nine diamonds – Turns policeman symbols into wilds
- 12 diamonds – Turns jeweller symbols into wilds
These symbols will act as wilds on every reel except the first.
Ice Heist graphics & sound
This pokie follows a cops and robbers theme, with thieves and police officers being some of its symbols. It features an immersive background with a bank vault, jewellery, and valuable paintings. The soundtrack has a jazzy, electronic feel that works well with the theme.
|Optimised for Mobile
|Animated Paylines, Immersive Soundtrack
|Funky graphics and immersive gameplay
|IGT is known for its high-quality graphics, and Ice Heist didn’t disappoint. The colourful symbols add a breath of fresh air to the pokie.
Ice Heist mobile experience
Ice Heist is optimised for mobile use. This is incredibly useful for players that prefer playing on the go!
Ice Heist pros and cons
|Made by a reputable game provider
|RTP could be higher
|Autoplay feature goes up to 50 spins
|$300 max bet makes this ideal for high rollers
Best online casinos to play Ice Heist in New Zealand
You can enjoy playing Ice Heist at the best online casinos in New Zealand. These include:
Solutions if you have some issues with a game
Is the heist not going as planned? Fortunately, we have the right tools for the job. Check out a few solutions:
- I can’t increase my stake – You may not have enough money to increase your wager. Add funds to your account and try again.
- I can’t mute the sounds – You can mute the game by clicking the “Audio On” button in the upper right corner.
- I can’t start the game – Your browser cache may be causing the issue. Please delete it and try again.
Break the bank with Ice Heist
After reading this Ice Heist review, you’ll be singing “Ice Ice Baby” if you’re lucky enough to pull off this heist. This pokie is highly entertaining and has fun features, especially during the free spins round.
However, the RTP and the maximum win were disappointing compared to other IGT titles. Either way, this pokie deserves a solid 7/10.