The Goonies Review
This pokie has an RTP of 96% and various exciting features, including modifiers and six bonus rounds. Discover how its features can help you reach significant wins by reading our The Goonies review.
What you’ll find in this The Goonies review
Branded pokies are always popular, and The Goonies is no exception. We developed an in-depth reviewing method that evaluates the following criteria:
- Symbols – We evaluated the symbols based on their payouts.
- Bets – We looked through the bets available and if the game has autoplay.
- RTP – We compared the RTP percentage to the market average.
- Volatility – We tested how volatile the pokie is.
- Wins – We verified what is the game’s maximum win.
- Resources – We checked if there are special symbols and how they work.
- Bonuses – We looked through the different bonuses and their rewards.
- Quality – We evaluated the game’s graphics and sounds.
Play The Goonies with the best bonus
The Goonies symbols & payouts
In this section, we’ll look into the basic aspects of this pokie, including its symbols, paylines, and more.
The pokie has various treasure-themed symbols, including a pirate flag, a chest, a ship, a skeleton, and a scale.
It also has the four card symbols, from A to J.
The game has 20 paylines, starting from the leftmost reel. Only the highest-value combination on each payline results in a win.
Min/max bet, autoplay option
The game allows bets between $0.20 and $500. It also features an autoplay tool where you can select up to 100 spins with personalised wagering limits.
The Goonies RTP
The game’s RTP is 96%, which is the average for online pokies in New Zealand.
This pokie has medium to high volatility.
Jackpot and/or maximum win
In theory the pokie’s maximum win is 10,000x your bet because of the multiplier possibilities but the real max win is 500x capped at $250,000.
|The game could use additional paylines|
|This pokie is far from today’s standards, as it only has 20 paylines.|
It’s not every day you see a pokie with over 10 game features. Want to learn more? Keep reading our The Goonies review.
Wilds, re-spins and other features
Trust us – there’s no shortage of features in this amazing pokie. Let’s check these out one by one:
The wild symbol is an ancient coin and substitutes all symbols except the bonus one.
Modifiers can be randomly triggered on any spin. There are six modifiers available, each with a different effect:
- Chunk’s Truffle Shuffle – Random wilds added to the reels.
- Mikey’s Hidden Treasure – Random reels turn into stacked wilds.
- Data’s Colossal Symbols – Three random adjacent reels turn into a giant symbol.
- Mouth’s Lucky Coins – Adds mystery symbols to the reels.
- One Eyed Willy’s Bonus Boost – Adds extra bonus symbols to the reels.
- Sloth’s Win Spin – Guarantees a big win.
You’ll also find two additional modifiers that can turn losing spins into a win.
You can trigger the bonus round by landing three or more bonus symbols on the reels. Then, spin the wheel to get one of the following bonuses:
- Fratelli Hideout – Choose one of three keys, revealing a cash prize, a collect symbol, or the hidden tunnel, which triggers one of the remaining bonuses.
- Skeleton Organ – Select an organ key to reveal multipliers. There’s also an upgrade symbol that improves the multipliers and keys that unlock additional bonus features.
- One Eyed Willy’s Treasure – You can unlock this feature through the bonus wheel or landing five bonus symbols. It starts with a spin where only multipliers can land on the reels. The feature continues until a booby trap lands.
- Super Sloth Free Spins – Awards free spins with new Fratelli symbols added. Super Sloth symbols that land on the reels convert all Fratelli characters into the same symbol.
- Goonies Go Wild Free Spins – At the beginning of each win, a wild is added to one of the top reel symbols.
- Inferno Free Spins – On each spin, the Inferno moves between the reels, turning up to three reels wild.
At the end of the free spins bonuses, you’ll have to select one of five chests to reveal additional spins, a collect feature, or the One Eyed Willy’s Treasure Bonus.
The Goonies graphics & sound
Everything about this pokie reminds us of the classic 1985 movie.
|Optimised for Mobile||👍|
|Special features||Animated Symbols, Themed Graphics|
|Blueprint Gaming’s recreation is spot on|
|Even though it was released in 2018, this pokie remains modern.|
Solutions if you have some issues with a game
Having trouble playing this game? Try these solutions:
- Restart the pokie – Allows you to replay the last round.
- Contact support – If restarting doesn’t fix the issue, contact the casino’s customer service team.
Win up to 10,000x your bet with The Goonies
Blueprint Gaming struck gold with this game. Not only is it incredibly fun, but it also has a fair RTP and decent symbol payouts. The bonus features work well with the game’s theme, further increasing its immersion. Overall, our rating with this The Goonies review is 8.5/10.
Other pokies to play if you like The Goonies
Here are a few pokies you may like:
- Book Of 99
- Volatile Vikings 2 Dream Drop
- Over The Moon
- Moon Princess Trinity
- TNT Tumble Dream Drop
- Easter Island
Can you play The Goonies in New Zealand?
Yes. You can easily find this pokie at the top online casinos NZ.
Can you play The Goonies with a casino bonus in NZ?
Yes. Online casinos feature various exciting bonuses, some of which can be used playing Goonies.
How much can Kiwis win on The Goonies?
You can win up to 10,000x your bet with this game capped at $250,000.
Can you bet on The Goonies with New Zealand Dollars?
Yes. The game is compatible with multiple currencies, including New Zealand Dollars (NZD).
How much can players from New Zealand bet on The Goonies?
The game accepts bets from $0.10 to $500.
What is the RTP of The Goonies for New Zealand?
The game has an RTP rate of 96%.