Skrill review – Safety first!
Knowing which payment method is legit isn’t easy with so many options. Luckily, Skrill is trustworthy. Here are some reasons:
- Skrill was established in 2001 and was formerly called Moneybookers. It has a long-established presence as a payment method in NZ;
- All your details and transactions are protected with Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology with 128-bit encryption. This means it’s almost impossible for someone to get your data when it gets transmitted from and to the casino;
- All reputable casinos also use the same technology to protect your account and financial data. Furthermore, most trustworthy casinos hold licences from regulating bodies;
- Casinos need to comply with certain requirements, such as asking for your ID. This practice known as Know Your Customer (KYC) stems from the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which aims to enhance your and the casino’s safety;
- All the casinos we promote comply with these important security features.
|Did you know?|
|When performing transactions with Skrill, the recipient can’t see private financial information such as your card or bank account numbers.|
How to use Skrill at online casinos?
If you want to use Skrill for your online gambling in casinos, it’s as simple as creating an account at Skrill and the casino and following a series of steps to either deposit or withdraw.
Are there any fees when depositing and withdrawing at the Skrill casino?
Online casinos in New Zealand don’t generally charge fees when using Skrill. To be sure, check the site’s terms or their payment info page.
However, Skrill does charge a small fee when withdrawing. For instance, withdrawing money from Skrill to your New Zealand bank account has a 1.75% fee.
How to place a deposit and withdraw your winnings using Skrill
Here is a detailed step-by-step walkthrough on how to do this. Some casinos might vary this a bit:
- Log into your casino account
- Go to the cashier section
- Select Skrill as a payment method
- Choose an amount
- Log into Skrill
- Follow any further instructions
This goes for both deposits and withdrawals.
|Did you know?|
|Skrill became very popular in the gambling world after sponsoring important events, such as the European Poker Tour in 2011 and 2013.|
Solutions to common issues when using Skrill at online casinos
As a payment platform Skrill is very stable, but as with any other payment method, problems might pop in here and there. Here are some common issues and what to do about them:
- I can’t withdraw with Skrill.
Make sure that the casino accepts Skrill as a withdrawal method. Some casinos also ‘lock’ your withdrawals to the same deposit method.
- What do I do if someone else is using my Skrill?
You should contact Skrill immediately if you find any suspicious activity on your Skrill account. Remember to never share your personal data, such as passwords, and don’t allow password saving on public devices.
- I can’t verify my Skrill account.
Sometimes problems arise when verifying accounts on online platforms. Make sure you’ve supplied all the requested documents Skrill needs to verify an account. If you’re still having issues, contact Skrill support.
|Did you know?|
|Skrill has a handy mobile app available for Android and iOS systems, where you can easily perform transactions.|
Pros and cons of using Skrill at online casinos
Skrill offers a lot of advantages, but there are also some disadvantages when playing at online casinos. Here are the most important ones:
|There are no fees for deposits||Fees when transferring to your other payment methods|
|It uses the latest encryption technology to prevent data theft||Excluded from many NZ casino bonuses|
Skrill vs other payment methods
Skrill highlights are the low fees and enhanced privacy, especially when compared to traditional methods such as bank transfers or credit cards. You have no fees to fund your wallet, and the receiver doesn’t get your financial details.
If you’re a crypto casino enthusiast, you’d be happy to know Skrill lets you use crypto to fund your casino accounts. You can purchase and sell cryptos like Bitcoin directly on the platform.
PayPal is its direct competitor. Compared to it, Skrill also has advantages such as having fewer fees. Here’s a comparison between several payment methods and Skrill.
|Fees when funding account||✖||✖||✖||✔|
|Registration at an online platform is mandatory||✔||✖||✔||✖|
|Did you know?|
|Some casinos don’t accept Skrill for promotional offers. When getting a bonus, check the terms to determine if Skrill is allowed.|
Skrill has it all
Skrill is a fantastic choice for playing at NZ casinos. It has many advantages over its competitors, such as low or no fees and enhanced privacy when making transactions.
It shines as a fully-fledged platform where you can perform all necessary financial activities without needing yet another registry elsewhere. An example of this? Cryptocurrencies. You won’t need to register at a crypto exchange if you’re a Skrill user.
Another plus is that casinos generally don’t charge fees when using Skrill. With all that being said, there are a few drawbacks, and it’s very easy to recommend for New Zealand players.